Jones of Oswestry Suprabloc and Telebloc Recessed Access Covers and Frames installed at Granary Square and Kings Cross Square part of the £2.2 billion Kings Cross redevelopment programme
Completed in 2012 Kings Cross Square in London completed the station’s restoration and provided the first opportunity in well over a century to view Lewis Cubitt’s fine 1852 façade in an uncluttered state.
The final phase of the project was the creation of a 75,000 square foot piazza in front of the station, paved in York stone bringing the grandness of Europe’s finest railway stations to the heart of London.
The square forms a focal point at the heart of the district and functions as a vital part of the major transport interchange at Kings Cross / St Pancras.
Around the corner at the top of King’s Boulevard, on the banks of Regent’s Canal is Granary Square. Comparable in size to Trafalgar Square, Granary Square takes its name from the large building that dominates its north side and now houses the world-famous Central Saint Martin’s Art School.
The square is animated with over a thousand choreographed fountains and holds year round programmes of events, performances and activities, including markets, concerts, fashion shows, film festivals and weekend long family entertainment.
Both Kings Cross Square and Granary Square incorporate Jones of Oswestry lift out SUPRABLOC and slide out TELEBLOC designed for manual or mechanical lift depending on their frequency of operation.
Available in any size, to suit any type of infill, Jones of Oswestry SUPRABLOC and TELEBLOC were fabricated in mild steel or stainless steel depending on their location from 6 mm steel plate giving greater impact resistance and to deter the edges of the cover and frame from buckling.